Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Inspiration to embrace today...

I want to call her my friend, but we've only met through cyberspace and Christmas cards. She is my husband's third cousin, I think. (I would have to get the chart out and see if that's correct, or if it's second cousin once removed.) I know her mother and father. I pray for this young woman, her husband, her children and her parents. She has been fighting IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) for 3 1/2 years. As a scientist, wife, mommy, blogger, and all around amazing woman she has touched countless lives -- including mine. I've been following her story, eavesdropping on her life for more than 3 years. At turns I've rejoiced, cried, laughed, sighed, and even gotten angry (not at her, at the cancer and the unfairness of life). Her most recent blog post Unexpected Strength moved me to tears this morning. Her words are profoundly touching, inspiring, heartbreaking, uplifting, sad... and somehow... full of hope.

No comments: