Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day of Worship, Day of Rest

The early morning frost is melting away. Chris Matthews is on TV (without Chris this morning), and mmmm, I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee. This is part of our Sunday morning routine here, and it's almost heavenly. I'm dressed and ready for church. Better grab some breakfast and get ready to head out the door. Don't want to be late. I so enjoy our Sunday morning small group that meets before worship time. After church we have a baby shower for one of my friend's daughters. Then tonight a group of us will sing hymns for residents at the local care facility. Sunday is a day of worshiping  in more than one way, giving God honor and praise, blessing people, and being blessed. It's a wonderful break from routine, a day for God and people, a day of unconventional rest. I love Sundays.

No comments: