Wednesday, February 3, 2010

North Captiva

Today was heavenly...really. We woke up to a very cool, cloudy morning. No sense going up to the crows nest to watch the sunrise because there wasn't going to be a sunrise. Well, I mean, of course the sun would rise, it does every day, but it doesn't make a spectacular show of it every single day. And this was one of those days. So some of us went back to bed and others turned on her (my) computer and finished my homework for my little writing job. Wouldn't you know, just as I finished my 60th venue for the week (that's my commitment, and my week runs from Thursday morning to Wednesday night...or very very early Thursday morning ;-) The sun came out. So off I went to the beach. I looked north and I looked south and I saw no sign of Tom or Gary and Nadine. I  chose south and had myself a fabulous walk with the wind in my face and the breakers off the shore and soft waves lapping my feet. Did I say today was heavenly?

We all met back at the beach house when our stomachs told us it was past lunch time. Then, well let's see... read for a bit on the deck, catch some rays way up on the crow's nest, walk up and down the sandy lanes to the pool for some invigorating laps. Yes, let's do all that. We did all that. And now the sun is going down. It looks like it'll be a beautiful sunset. So I'd better get my water shoes and the camera and head down to the beach. Life is good. The God who made all this for us is awesome.

Yesterday's sunrise. Good morning world.

And then, before you know it, and before you're quite ready, the sun sets.

Good night world.

Don't worry, the sun will come up tomorrow...again.

No comments: