Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Days



The local schools took a snow day, but Tom's school only had a 2 hour delay. Which unfortunately means he goes to work 2 hours early. I made a valiant effort to go to work. Believe it or not I got out of this snow drift at home, but I couldn't get in the parking lot at church. It was plowed shut double time, once by the road plow and once by the sidewalk plow. I parked along the street, put my 4-way lights on and assessed the situation. Then I waded through thigh high snow and got a snow shovel. I made a little dent in the driveway entrance before my back reminded me that this wasn't a good idea. So I trudged back to return the shovel, brushed myself off and drove home. On the way home I thought of all the things I could accomplish on my snow day. But it boiled down to this. I shoveled a little of our drive so the mail person could access the mailbox. Then...the neighbor boy came on his snowmobile and made me a ski trail around the field behind the barn...so... I couldn't let his generous effort go to waste. I strapped on my skis and played in the snow. What fun!

Tomorrow I'm going to work. I'll do housework, write thank you notes, go to the church office, and then I'll type up some restaurant descriptions for my other job. That's what I'm going to do...tomorrow.  Promise!

"God thunders wondrously with his voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend. For to the snow He says, fall on the earth..." (Job 37:5-6)

 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow. I have to stop being cranky about our Pittsburgh weather! I cannot believe how much snow you guys have!!