Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Ideas Go Awry

I came to work an hour early today to blog. Instead I tidied, and sorted, and put things on bulletin boards and then...before I knew it...I was getting late for work. It's just like home. I really, really intend to write... but stuff distracts me. Focus, Betsy, focus!

Yesterday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. A federal holiday in honor of a man who led our country giant steps forward in civil rights matters. My friend put this quote on her blog.I don't think she'll mind if I borrow it  because this message is the heart and soul of our Christian faith. The heart and soul of every God-fearing, God-honoring, God-loving faith.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Strength to Love, 1963

No comments: