Friday, April 11, 2008

Baby on Board

My friend Deenie and I made a trip to the East Coast to babysit her very adorable one year old grandson. The two of us have been toting the little guy back and forth to the beach to stroll the boardwalk -- twice a day. We had unseasonable 70 degree weather on Thursday. We were among people walking, talking, smiling, enjoying the beautiful sunshine, watching the waves rolling and crashing, watching surfers out there in full body suits. Those suits must do some kind of a job. I mean, really, it's not that warm!

So we're strolling the baby in his BOB stroller and wondering what BOB means. I decided that it's baby on board. So we had a baby on board on the boardwalk, and it couldn't have been more fun.

The salt spray carried on the warmish wind blew away all the troubles of the world. At once refreshing, renewing, regenerating.

Now, excuse me, I've got to get back to babysitting. Turns out it takes two adults to watch one busy little baby when you're over fifty! Is that why God made the child bearing years to be those ones that come early on in life?

No comments: