Friday, July 3, 2009

Rain, Rain

They say the monsoons will be over soon. Today is the funniest day ever. The weather man said it would be cloudy but no more rain. Well we had a downpour this morning, then sun -- beautiful bright happy sunshine -- then rain which stopped shortly, and then, there was the sun again -- briefly. Mist, rain, sun, rain, clouds, mist, sun. It's raining again, but I'm not fretting, we'll see the sun momentarily. Of course it will only last momentarily too. It's a perfect day for a nap! Good idea? Oh yeah.

"...for (your Father in heaven) makes his sun rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
Matt. 5:45

The verses before and after are the real message of this scripture which I, admittedly, ripped out of context. Something about loving your enemies, and what good is it really if you only love those who love you?. In light of that I'm not saying I'm good and just or evil and unjust. I'm just saying...it's raining here...on me.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is exactly what it was like in Pittsburgh yesterday! I walked home from work because my car was getting inspected and in a 20 minutes walk I went from no-umbrella-no-sunglasses to umbrella-no sunglasses to sunglasses-no umbrella and back to no-umbrella-no-sunglasses. That doesn't even include the two minutes that I stood on the porch of a total stranger's house because it was monsooning so bad that the umbrella did'nt help!