Saturday, May 30, 2009

Spring is a Schizophrenic Season

I love spring, but really! It comes late and it ends early. And in between the coming and going it's fickle as all get out. Every day it's a guessing game -- how to dress? Do I wear long sleeves or short sleeves, tank top or sweat shirt, jeans or shorts? The answer is, all of the above. And sometimes, all of the above on the very same day.

We opened the pool the first week of May, a bit later than usual, only to find the heater was kaput. Well you can't swim in an outdoor pool in these here parts without means to heat up the water. So,there was no swimming until the heating situation was remedied. Unfortunately, that wasn't accomplished in time for the grad party, which was a disappointment, but oh well. I think a good time was had in spite of it.

Early the next week we got the heater installed (and by we I mean Tom) and were thoroughly enjoying 86 degree water on 80 degree days. Then the outside temps dropped to the 50's. It wasn't so inviting to suit up, splash in, lap back and forth -- because -- you had to get out eventually. The getting out part is goosebumpily painful on cool windy days! But just wait a few days or even a few hours and who knows? It might be warm and sunny. Schizo season, schizo days.

Hmmm, that's like some people I know. No, that's like all of us. Schizoid. God's creatures given this wonderful gift of life. Some days we love it and we're all sunshine, smiles, and happiness. Other days gloom and doom dampens our spirits. But just wait a few days or even a few hours and who knows? Joy may chase away sadness.

"Weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning." Ps. 30:5

Joy comes sooner when I cry out for help.

"I lift my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth." Ps. 121:1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I lift my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth." Ps. 121:1

Did you mean... My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth and who mad Tom for me.
Cindy and I love you both dearly...
great to be in your fellowship... hang on to Tom.