Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Scratchy Throat

I've been fighting a cold for a few days now. I thought I was winning, until I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and sore throat. So I stayed home and took it easy all day long. I drank a half gallon of orange juice, swallowed vitamin C's, gargled with salt water, ran the humidifier, and rubbed Vicks on my chest and feet. Feet? Yeah, I read that somewhere. Put Vicks on your feet and then wear socks to bed. You can laugh if you want, but old wives' tales rarely let me down.

Tomorrow I plan to be back in the swing of things, Lord willing!

We've joined the modern world with higher speed internet, not to be confused with high speed, but definitely higher. I can watch You Tubes now and I can listen to sermons. Even now I have my son Aaron preaching at me. And it's a good message on friendship, if you'd like to listen just click here. So...I'm signing off so I can pay attention.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Bets, welcome to the world of higher internet speed. I do hope you are feeling better.

Betsy Henning said...

Thanks Robin, Yep, I'm much better. Just a lingering sniffle. See you in Church!