Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall chores

After a cold snap and snow earlier this week, we've got balmy, sunny and absoultely gorgeous weather today. We're getting lots and lots of winterizing chores done. And by we I mean Tom. After hunting this morning he cut and stacked wood, put away the outdoor furniture, grill, hose and window air conditioner. Now he's got the leaf blower going in reverse, sucking up leaves. But I haven't exactly been vegging. I helped him a little, and did my own indoor chores. Now I'm heading out to cut back the mums and cover them with pine branches so they'll grace us with blooms again next year.

Meanwhile the house smells wonderful because there's a turkey roasting in the oven. This is thanksgiving month. We're starting early! There's a lot to be thankful for -- and giving thanks keeps the pity parties at bay.

No comments: