Saturday, November 8, 2008

Don't Like the Weather?

Just wait a bit. It'll change. I caught the change on camera.





Yep, one day we had snow that lay inches deep, and the next thing you knew, it was 70degrees and sunny. My first thought about the snow was, Oh good! Now I don't have to rake the leaves. No such luck, we got a second chance when the ground dried up and the rest of the colorful leaves fell off the trees. These lovely girls on my porch swing aren't just friends, they're my raking crew. Best of all, the little ones will work for Lucky Charms. What a deal.

The respite in weather meant I really had to get at that bushel of apples on the back deck. But there was help for that too. The little blondie in the middle was here to visit on applesauce day.



She turned the crank on the handle of the squeezo for, oh, thirty seconds or better. And she used the wooden plunger thing-a-ma-jig to push the apples down while I cranked the handle for 2 minutes without stopping. The rest of the time she entertained me by playing close by -- stopping frequently to tell me I was doing a great job. Good help like that is hard to find.

Why wasn't Tom helping with the raking or the applesauce making? Because there was hunting to be done. He had to go get a turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner... Mission accomplished.

No comments: