Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What Am I Looking For?

A friend left a comment on one of my previous blogs and said...something like...I don't think you'll find the change you're looking for. (That was in regard to my candidate of choice for president, Barack Obama.)

So I thought about that. What am I looking for? Well, truth be told, I'm not looking for anything. My hope is in the Lord, and I've found that. But, perhaps I'm hoping that Christians won't compromise either of the two greatest commands given in the Bible*** for the sake of a political stance. I see our country in trouble in some ways that could be fixed with the right leadership -- God willing. After studying the situation the best I can, trying not to be swayed by fanatics on either side, sorting through half-truths to uncover the whole truth and looking at all of the issues, I find that Barack Obama comes closer to being a good, righteous, and godly man than McCain does. (Neither one is God or our savior. Neither one is evil incarnate either. The end of the world probably won't come because of one of these men. Although if it's God's timing, neither one of them will stop it.) There are only two candidates, really, and the responsible thing to do is make a choice and vote. Neither one of these men will solve all the world's problems, nor all of our country's problems, but hey...one of them is going to be president. I said this before, it really is a free country -- isn't that great??? -- I get to vote for the candidate of my choice and so do you! Whoever wins on November 4th may not change the country much, but he'll be our president...the person of authority over us...by God. And I'll respect that.

Aren't these exciting times? For those of us who aren't rooted here, those who are on a spiritual journey, just passing through, these are exciting times! I can't wait to see what God does with all this.

***"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind... love your neighbor as yourself." Jesus

No comments: