Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snow and Sonshine

The weather map says it's 3 degrees outside, but feels like -16. I'm not going out to check if they're right. It's nearly zero and that's cold enough to keep me in. Along with that...

It was a hard week in Lake Woebegone, my hometown. The 'Lake Woebegone' isn't true. The 'It was a hard week' part is. In my hometown, and in my current stomping grounds, tough stuff, sad situations. Our preacher reminded us this morning that God is in control, He knows, He cares. And I know that and believe. God will indeed handle everything. So there, I've got that off my back.

I wrote my woes and prayer requests to a friend. She answered with this, "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed - for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness."

Praise God, I can say with the apostle Paul, "We are not among those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved."

This will be a better week. Cold and snowy does not a hard week make. Even if there is no sunshine, there is always Sonshine. We'll be okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, love your writing.
Joan