Wednesday, October 31, 2012

National Novel Writing Month

One year ago today I embarked on a writing challenge. The project -- write a novel of  50,000 words in 30 days. That's 1,667 words a day, every single day of November. I did it and got the badge to prove it. Where is that novel? In a manilla folder in the bottom drawer of my desk, of course. That's what they say happens to first novels. I don't know for sure who they, and I said it wouldn't happen to my novel, but it did.

No worries. This month I'll be writing my 2nd novel and it won't end up in a folder in the bottom desk drawer. It can't, that spot's already taken.

Anyone who wants to cheer me on is welcome to ask how I'm doing and how it's coming. You are welcome to prod me, cajole, scold, tease, even belittle me if I'm falling behind. And then if I don't catch up, kick my behind.  And if there is anyone out there reading this that is doing Nano this year, let me know and we can link up.

No comments: