Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cleaning Frenzy

No time to post.
No time to write.
I'm cleaning house by day,
And late into the night.

That's my excuse for last week. But this is a new week and since my house is decluttered, organized, and the spring cleaning is pretty much done, I'll get back to writing faithfully. (Believe that and I'll tell you another story.)

We had company this weekend and couldn't have had more fun. We got to see two sons, one daughter-in-law, and two grandsons. There was all manner of playing, swimming, fishing, swinging, eating, and even a little work. Grant helped me spread mulch on my flower bed. I told him what a big help he was. He told me, "Working together is special time that makes good memories." How does a 4-year-old know that?

The entire weekend was full of special time that Nana and Papa sure hope means special memories for the grandkids. Another Grant exclamation: "Papa this was the most fun afternoon I ever had in my whole life!" (Of course the day before at the Pittsburgh zoo was also the most fun he ever had in his whole life.) Oh to be so enthusiastic about life!

A highlight of the weekend was dinner out to Chuck E. Cheese. One of my friends said, "That's the equivalent of Vegas for little kids." I don't know about that, but it was a blast. And here's a big surprise... the pizza was really good! Still the best part of all was watching the little boys having so much fun.

Knowing how these kids make us smile, I can just imagine how tickled God is with all of his children! I hope I make Him smile.

1 comment:

Lisa Vella said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! And Grant has such wisdom! Talk to you soon!