Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I missed a Happy Thanksgiving Day blog. So here's a note to cover that, belatedly -- and to wish you well for this happy time of year. It's the big pick-me-up before what can sometimes be a downward spiral through a long cold snowy winter in these here parts. But for now, the snow is welcome. It ushers in the Christmas season and up until mid-January it's a lovely sight. Mid-February it becomes tedious. Mid-March is like, enough already. And snow in April makes you either laugh or cry; there's no in between.

This year the snow came early, and it's gorgeous. See!




There is so much I'm thankful for... playing in the snow with a child, a warm cozy house, a mellow little dog at my feet, Christmas trees all lit up, good food, hot coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate -- any kind of chocolate!, a view of the creek, colorful birds at the feeder, icicles, a fire in the fireplace, fleece blankets, popcorn, movies to watch, family, friends, company who drops in unannounced. (Just let your kitchen be messy and someone's sure to drop in. That's why I hardly ever tidy up the kitchen -- always hoping for company!)

I'm thankful for the opportunity to take a walk in the snow, which I'm off to do right now. And as much as I like that, it's children who really know how to enjoy the fluffy white stuff!


No comments: