Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh Brother...

Rereading this blog I can't believe how melodramatic I can be. I just finished reading The Shack by William Young. That's my excuse or explanation for my melancholy (among other things). Whatever. I'm over it...sort of...and here's the only part of yesterday's blog that gets to remain...

I'm dying for a closeness with God -- we all are, just sometimes we don't know it. But my Heavenly Father doesn't want to see me pining for Him when He's right here. Rather he wants me to pant after Him, to delight in Him, to revel in the love and grace lavished on me. You too. He wants that for you and me. He says to us in His Word, "Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

All the petty earthly petitions I bring before Him, those things aren't the desires of my heart they merely make up my wish list. My heart's desire is to see Him clearly, follow Him nearly, and love Him dearly...above all else.

No comments: