Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunny Sunday

We had sunshine two days in a row and it was glorious! I say 'was' because I'm looking out my window at gray skies now...but it's okay. I knew it wouldn't last, so I let what there was of it soak deep into my soul. I skied around the back field first thing this morning (and by first thing, I mean 8:30ish -- I'm still not a morning person. Big sigh). All the tree branches were frosted over and the crusty snow sparkled...as if multi-colored glitter fell from the sky, sprinkled all around. That was all the mood enhancer I needed: exercise, cold, clean, fresh air, stunning scenery, and sunshine.

Then off to church where we started our worship, as usual, "Almighty God, to whom all hearts are open, all desires known, and from whom no secrets are hid: Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love you and worthily magnify your holy name, through Jesus Christ our Lord."

You know, that's the greatest commandment...to perfectly love God. To love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. I think I'll work on that this week. And if I get anywhere near good at it, I'll move on to loving my neighbors. All of them. No matter what they look like, who they are, or whatever disguise they wear.

Wishing for all of us, peace, love, joy... and sunshine.

No comments: