Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hello Sunshine

"Hello sunshine, where have you been? Hello dry eyes, is this where we begin? 'Cause I thought that I had gone just a little too far, for a little too long, to ever get back to the road that leads me home."

Words from my boy Dave's first ever CD. This song, Castles, is the first one of the ten original songs on his brand-newly-produced CD The Beginning of You.

We're more than proud, his dad and I. And by more than proud I mean we've been ministered to through the encouraging, comforting, uplifting words and beautiful music. And as the last song, Yours, is playing I'm reminded that we were created by God for one primary purpose...to be His. I learned that in catechism class when I was seven years old. "What is the chief end of man? The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." When I remember who I am in light of who He is -- I am his Beloved and He is my God -- how can I help but find great joy in that? How can I help but enjoy Him day in and day out forever!

I can't be taken from the hand of God
I belong to Him
He is mine and I am His
I won't be shaken by the voice of the enemy
My chains are broken and I am free

God,
 I am yours in every circumstance
I am yours right here right where I stand
And if ever I should question
What I was made for
I was made... to be yours

I am Yours right here, right where I stand.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow... Very touching post. Thank you!