Sunday, September 26, 2010

Two Weeks Minus One day

David and Mel's wedding is fast approaching. I'm paralyzed. By what?... emotion, excitement, expended energy or all of the above? Yet I'm thrilled that the day is approaching. I'm looking forward to family and friends celebrating with us. I will miss those who can't come and those we weren't able to invite. But here I am anticipating the joy of expanding our circle of family as we have already expanded our circle of friends through getting to know Melanie's loved ones.

In less than two weeks Maggie Blais and I will both watch our youngest child commit to the other, joining their lives and ours inextricably. I think we'll both shed tears of joy, tears that will release the conflicting tension of letting go, giving and gaining children till death do (any one of) us part. Sweet, sweet, bittersweet.

Turn around and they're two.
Turn around and they're four.

No comments: